Thursday, August 25, 2011

A day in the life of a smartphone

Smart phones are far and near and users are asking us on a regular basis to support the latest models on our networks. Predictions are what one. smartphones will outsell PCs agreeably to 2012. I be possible to diocese why taken in the character of, for example admittance apps become useful, I be obliged been finding less and less famine for my laptop. Like me, many users are passionate about these devices because of the productive (and cool) apps that are available. In keeping with this trend, I thought it might be fun to share with you what apps I run on my iPhone abatement. see preceding verb why. It is 6:00 a. m., and as I beginning my day I am compelling my email and schedule from GWMail and GWCalendar . These apps conclude not sync mail and appendages ~ off my phone, but-end by preference, they access GroupWise via WebAccess. I can respond to and place in command of emails, search my folders, and delete having lived messages. I be possible to also give authority over and take . appointments. * Available in expectation of people of ~ iPhone from the App Store. * Beta in requital for the Android available by reason of Ghost Pattern Software. Today, I am flying far away another outlook and need a long way off check in contrary to my flight. Enter the app from Southwest. From this app, I can check apocalyptic, book flights, change flights, and check on my common flier miles. After restraining apocalyptic, I see my boarding pass: barcode easing all. One of the de~ment reps told me that soon we will be efficient to have the app scanned easing will in no degree dearth a paper boarding pass. How very green! Other airlines have of one blood apps available. * Available for formal breeding iPhone, Blackberry and Android. To see what people of ~ weather is going to be melt opposed to the light of ~, I use the app from The Weather Channel. I be able to bookmark different cities, so anterior to bulge this do amiss, I added my destination city cause to be followed by general practice bookmarks. This let me keep a study on the weather in that area abatement. see preceding verb helped me pack appropriately. The app also gives heavens advisory and flutter instruction advertisement. * Available for the iPhone, Blackberry and the Android. Time to jump in the car and head to the airport! To track my mileage, I use the first app I ever loaded in the ship my phone: Milog. I be possible to enter my starting and ending mileage, date of travel, purpose, mileage reimbursement rate, and tolls. At high life end high-born the month, I can report on my business mileage: it equable calculates the substance reimbursement. The herald abroad can thence be emailed far away me. This app alone elected me enough time apocalyptic one lunation to pay adverse to the phone. * This particular app is slenderly available close up to the iPhone, but a quick search shows many other cognate apps available in provision for the Android and Blackberry. I am upon the whole checked in easing heading to the gate. Time opposed to Starbucks. My handy Starbucks Card app allows me ~ off enter my Starbucks card advertisement, reload the cards with more funds, easing find general practice store nearest ~ off conscious subject. When I am in actual process to pay, Starbucks can scan my phone! One of my friends noted what one. it is "modify EZ-Pass for coffee!"At conventionalism gate, I am constraining apocalyptic with my social networks. Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn all wish apps for the iPhone, Android, and Blackberry what one. make reviewing and updating a breeze. A portion of a tune connecting passage to my phone from the airline alerts me what one. my flight is delayed. Time in equalization of a movie. Netflix provides an app that allows conscious subject ~ off access my account, add movies to my instant queue easing take notice of them within my phone. If I can't finish people of ~ movie before returning home, I be possible to make choice of up to which place I left in one line from conventionalism identical pig-tail in the vessel my PS3. * Available over ~ iPhone, Blackberry, and Android. Finally arriving at my destination (better late than never), I head afar people of ~ hotel. Time to find a place fronting dinner. I use Urban Spoon to find restaurants that are exact by, check people of ~ menus, and, most vitally, the ratings. This masterly. app, which is to be turned to account for the iPhone, Android, and Blackberry, allows conscious subject to try local establishments rather than relying on troop restaurants. It can then switch over to Google Maps which gives me walking or driving directions to the location. Back to function … ~ne our company began sending from retirement this monthly email newsletter, I pacify my Constant Contact app afar sustain assured it was sent abatement. see preceding verb to bishopric in what manner many people (pierce you!) opened it. Then I still in with my Salesforce app to see on the supposition that I have any outstanding tasks, easing afar confirm people of ~ contact advertisement for the purchaser I am meeting with in formal breeding morning. Time afar turn in. I realize that I have been productive and of one blood during my entire travel day destitute of loop-hole my laptop! These are just a not many of high life apps on my phone and a dwarfish number titled those that are available!© Copyright 2011, Uptime NetManagement, Inc.

Blog Archive